Crocheted baskets and bags for the home

Oct 29, 2009



There's a handmade revolution under way, and I'm not talking about the popular online marketplace Etsy.  It's happening right here in my own home.

I love making things with my hands, and I love a good challenge.  So basically I spend countless hours each week figuring out new patterns, techniques, and materials.  My husband contends that it's a disease I have, and I'm finally accepting the fact that he may be right.

When I was at the library looking through crochet books, I came across a pattern for a basket that I wanted to make.  The next day I was off to the yarn store buying hemp fibers. Although making handmade items is not cost-effective nor time-effective, there's something so satisfying with the completion of a project (the basket I finished is shown above).

Here are a couple more ideas on my potential project list:



Isn't this bag great?  The pattern is from Carol Ventura, a professor of art in Tennessee, and it can be found on a site that I just recently discovered called Knit on the Net. This handcrafter's site has been around for a few years and has free patterns available for diy enthusiasts.

While browsing The Purl Bee, I also came across this pattern for a crocheted grocery tote.  They have great pictures at every step, which is so helpful for the visual learner like myself.  I can't wait to see how this one turns out!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speakin' my language. I've been meaning to make the grocery tote. Can't wait to see if you decide to make it...

Cathy said...

I'm hoping to start on it this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...