Ode to bridges

Oct 31, 2009

Bridges are incredible displays of ingenuity and landmark designs.   Their noble structures and expansive reach summon admiration and awe from onlookers. 

This week, while looking through my photo collections from the last couple of years, I realized I had quite a few photos of bridges.  My interest in bridges must stem, in part, from living in Portland, aka Bridgetown.  (Within the city are ten bridges crossing the Willamette River!)

Industrial forms are also an intriguing subject for me to shoot.  Bridges, in particular, have a skeletal quality that can dissect the picture plane into repeating shapes.  Pattern, once again, becomes a strong element in the composition of the photograph. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...