Getting ready to hand dye fabrics

Jul 8, 2010

[image source: shiborigirl]

Last week, I wrote a post on how to make your own twill tape labels.  When I was looking for some visuals, I came across this image of dyed twill tape.  It's absolutely gorgeous, don't you think?  I just love indigo, especially when paired with natural tones.

Finding this photo has only affirmed my latest obsession with hand dyeing fabrics.  I've been casually storing ideas and resources in my head the past month or so, and I think I am ready to start experimenting.  My plan is to make natural dyes from plants in my garden.  And with the sun blazing down on us for the next few days, this seems like an opportune time to dye fabric.  Expect an update soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...