My art in The Proper

Dec 19, 2010


One of my goals for 2011 is to have my art in local Portland shops.  So, needless to say, I was thrilled when Tatiana Sakurai of The Proper asked me if I wanted to showcase some of my art in their space.  The Proper is a salon/showroom located in Portland's SE industrial district, not too far from where I had my shop.  The space is in a historical building, so there are lots of neat features- wood slat ceiling, brick columns, and vintage exterior tiles.


I have a number of original works and prints currently hanging in the window display of The Proper.  Mixed in with the art is a menagerie of vintage, found, and handmade items, including Tatiana's beautiful jewelry designs.  I featured a pair of her earrings here.  She also started making again these lovely solid perfumes that we used to carry in our shop.  This one is called City of Roses, and I picked one up for my mom for Christmas.  If only the picture was a scratch-n-sniff!


If all of this doesn't entice you to come down to The Proper, then how about a display of crocheted portraits by Portland artist Jo Hamilton?


Uh-mazing.  And you've got to see her crocheted cityscape of Portland here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy! That's so great! I wish I were close enough to take a look.

Genevieve said...

congrats! looks like a very cool space!

Studio Duermevela said...

Oh, wow, congrats, I'd love to go there...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...