My Week

Jan 9, 2011


The ideas are still flowing, and I can't wait to get started on a few of them.  I'm so happy to see that the whale is hearted by many.  For many months, the whale sat on our piano, and the girls had gotten attached to it.  Once I painted it, they loved it even more and didn't want me to put it in my Etsy shop. But I told them that's part of being an artist.  You want to share what's special to you with others.

I think this is why I like to dedicate some time packaging my sold pieces.  In many cases, it's my last time to look at an original work.  It can be sentimental, but in a very good way.  I'm always proud to see one of my pieces shipped off to a new place. 


This package is headed overseas.  I love that my art gets to go to places that I only dream of going to one day.  


After the whirlwind of the holidays, it's been nice to get back into a routine.  One of the sweeter moments this week was when my daughter and her friend dressed up as princesses (a common choice of play), and twirled around and around in our kitchen.  Lots of girly giggles to warm the heart.  If only those sounds could be captured in a locket!  

1 comments:

Charissa said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - I've never thought about what it must be like to ship off your dear works of art! Makes sense to spend a little time caring for and lingering over them before sending them out into the world.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...