New works, "Cascade" and "Enchanted"

Feb 13, 2011


A couple of weeks ago, I almost gave up on this piece after a major mishap with a clogged paint bottle.  After some problem-solving and repainting, Cascade is the latest print in my Etsy shop.  The title of the new work comes from the rainfall patterns in the design and a mountain range in Oregon.

In this post,  I had mentioned that the first test prints didn't turn out.  So I added some brighter hues (via conventional painting methods, not post-editing), and it worked!  The scanner was able to pick up the contrast.  Shown above is the new print in a frame.  You can read more about it here.


Enchanted is an original mixed media piece.   My favorite part of this work is the pink sky.  I also used for the first time a pearlescent ink.  It's hard to tell in this photo, but there's some shimmer in the green.  You can see more pictures of the new work here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Since starting Habit of Art, I have been committed to adding at least one new work to my Etsy shop every week.  In 2010, I created 62 pieces, all cataloged here.  My goal this year is to double this.  Although my life seems busier than ever, I really want to get to the place where I'm working at my art desk every day.

I also desperately need a new computer, so this will motivate me to add more products to my Etsy shop.  My computer screen temporarily turns white every time I use it, so I know it won't be much longer before it goes kaput . . .  sometimes I despise being a slave to technology! Granted, I could always use my husband's PC, but I'm one of those Apple loyalists.  You'll probably find me blogging from my iphone before I touch the PC.

3 comments:

belinda marshall said...

love the pink sky too! these are great.
and i admire your goal ~ was thinking something similar but don't think it's realistic just yet :)

Unknown said...

Lovely pink sky and the diamonds in the sky :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...