Free wallpaper designs for your desktop

May 5, 2011

[image source: shannamurray.typepad.com]

Each month, artist Shanna Murray teams up with another creative talent to design a new desktop calendar.  Shown above is the recently released May wallpaper design by Murray and photographer friend Rachel SaldaƱa.  I love how the dates look like they've been embroidered, and the display of the May saying is so sweet. 

To download your very own copy of the May calendar, just click here and choose the appropriate file size for your desktop.  Here's a look at Murray's other collaborative wallpaper designs in 2011. 


I'm a huge fan of Portland-based Pattern People, and on their website, they have an amazing collection of downloadable patterns. These are just a few of my favorites. 


The designs can be used as desktop wallpaper, wrapping paper, gift tags, or whatever your heart desires! Check out this fabulous succulent design:

[image source: www.patternpeople.com]

Claudia Brown of Pattern People writes,
"One of the things I love about living in the Pacific Northwest is all the succulent plants that grow so well here.  Front yards everywhere sprout plump, pulpy hens and chicks, jades, and ground sedums.  Mosses grow on rocks, steps, trees, and roofs.  Every shade of green dazzles the eye on just your average neighborhood walk. I guess these are the benefits of living under so much rain. When the sun comes out, it’s almost too much color! So I dedicate this succulent design to my lovely home city, Portland."
Beautiful description and beautiful design.  It makes me appreciate my hometown even more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...