Art installation for Prana

Oct 17, 2011

Sketching out the mural design on my chalkboard wall.
The yoga apparel line, Prana, is opening a new store in Portland, and they have asked me to "tattoo" the inside of it!  Shown above is a sneak peek of one of the designs that I'll be installing in their yoga studio space.

The new Prana store will be part of the popular walking and shopping street of NW 23rd, just across the street from dessert destination Papa Haydn.  The store opens in a few weeks, and I'll be working on the art installation during the opening event.  I've never painted in front of a crowd before, so I'm curious to see how it goes! Once I have more information about the opening, I'll be sure to pass it along.

8 comments:

Jo said...

it's beautiful! I love it!!

Linda K. said...

How exciting! Congratulations! I wish I lived in Portland so I could visit the store.

Karen Minton, Studio Blog said...

Looks beautiful!

lamina @ do a bit said...

I think it looks beautiful as it is! I hope oyu don't mind but I have pinned it to my pinterest... Love it :)

Cathy said...

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and feedback. And feel free to pin!

Alex Louisa said...

Oh it must be fun working on such a large scale! Looks brilliant :)

HomeCollection. said...

Congrats !

april said...

how exciting! I know it's not done but-the mural is beautiful just as is! I love the black and white. Painting in front of an audience will be fun. I am sure you will inspire so many.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...