New works, "Canopy" and "Gold Moon"

Feb 22, 2012


Remember the demo in my last post?  That vibrant red background was used as an underlayer in my lastest work, Canopy.  With most of my works, I start with warms colors and finish with cooler hues, like blues and greens.  Even though the layer of red isn't very noticeable in the finished painting, the subtle hints of it underneath is what keeps the painting from looking really flat.

Sometimes I find that the blues I use in my art don't translate very well in print form.  With Canopy, the blues turned out a little greener than the original, but I still liked the end result.  I placed the print in an old frame and temporarily hung it on the reclaimed wood headboard in my bedroom.  Is it just me, or does the framed print give off a black velvet painting vibe?


I also finished this piece- gold moon.  This is an original work on maple wood panel.  Both Canopy and gold moon are currently available in my Etsy shop.

My Etsy shop is going through some changes at the moment.  I'm sure many of you etsy sellers have already heard of direct checkout.  My shop is part of the initial rollout, so now transactions can be made without leaving the Etsy site.  Hurray!  This means that those without Paypal accounts can now shop with convenience on Etsy. 

Starting March 1, I'll be paring down my print collection.  Many of the items that I'll be discontinuing have been moved to the second page of my shop.  Additionally, I'll be instituting a price increase on select prints [first time since opening my shop].   Most prints will go from $20 to $25. 

With all this change, I thought it was time to revamp the header in my shop, too.  Here's what I came up with late last night:


My Etsy shop was not the only thing that saw changes this week. I think spring fever has hit me big time! We dropped off a trunk load of stuff at Goodwill, pawned off other unwanted items to friends and family, and even tackled a few mini projects around the house.  My current domestic focus is the bedroom.  This past weekend I painted yellow chevrons on the door to add a bit of cheer in our room. 



4 comments:

Lauren said...

so beautiful and inspiring, as always. keep creating!

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

Great works, love the colour and the tip as well is very useful, I do that a bit as well....

...tatjana... said...

amazing ART!

La Wood said...

Great works!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...