new work: alpine trail

May 10, 2012


The sun is shining once again in the Pacific Northwest, and it is truly glorious.  My eyes have yet to adjust to the brightness- granted, I do work in a cave (aka my basement) all day.  I've been drawn to neon colors lately, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with the sunshiny weather.

I just finished a small work yesterday called alpine trail.  While I was working on the piece, I snapped a few pictures.  I arranged the photos in a slideshow so you can see the progression of layers.




I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'm working on six new originals for an online show.  I'm currently working on painting #3.  The show goes live June 5, but I thought I would give you a little peek of the two completed paintings. 


Also, my art prints are now available at Silver Moth in North Portland.  I had a lovely chat with one of the owners, Rita, who is an artist herself.  The shop carries a mix of vintage finds and handmade goods, and all at affordable prices.  I love my new (well, used) striped ceramic jar I got from Silver Moth.  I'm not sure what to store in it yet.  Maybe tea bags?


1 comments:

Charissa - The Gifted Blog said...

Cathy, we're going to see my family in a few days and my dad just sent us the forecast for Seattle this weekend. Yay for NW sun! I enjoyed your video - getting a sneak peek at your process is really interesting.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...